I received my PhD at the Department of Economics, Stockholm University in 2014. Currently I am an associate professor at the Research Institute of Economics and Management, Southwestern University of Finance and Economics. My research interests include topics in urban and regional economics, development economics and political economics. I have published papers in Journal of Economic Geography, Journal of Comparative Economics, Journal of Regional Science, Regional Science and Urban Economics, Economics of Transition and Institutional Change, and others.
2007/08 - 2014/10, PhD in Economics, Stockholm University
2003/09 - 2006/07, M.A. in Economics, Nankai University
1999/09 - 2003/06, B.A in Economics, Nankai University
2013/02 -2013/07, visiting scholar, Washington University in St. Louis
2015/05-, Associate Professor, RIEM, Southwestern University of Finance and Economics
2014/11-2015/04, Assistant Professor, RIEM, Southwestern University of Finance and Economics
Urban Economics （Undergraduate）, Advanced Urban and Regional Economics (PhD)
1. Urban Bias, Migration Control and Rural Land Policy: The Case of Hukou in China (with Abudulaziz B. Shifa), Journal of Economic Geography, 2022, forthcoming, https://doi.org/10.1093/jeg/lbac008.
2. US Antidumping Investigations and Employment Adjustment in Chinese Manufacturing Firms (with Tan Li), Economics of Transition and Institutional Change, 2022, 30(1), 159-182. https://doi.org/10.1111/ecot.12297.
3. Urban spatial structure and the expansion of nonagricultural employment: evidence from prefecture-level cities in China (with Wenhua Liu, Chunzhi Li), Growth and Change, 2021, https://doi.org/10.1111/grow.12594.
4. Life-cycle Factors and Entrepreneurship: Evidence from Rural China (with Mingqin Wu), Small Business Economics, 2021, 57, 2017-2040. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11187-020-00370-8.
5. Who Is Affected: Influence of Agricultural Land on Occupational Choices of Peasants in China (With Guochang Zhao), Land Use Policy, VOL. 99, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.landusepol.2020.104827.
6. Power and Publications in Chinese Academia (with Ruixue Jia, Huihua Nie), Journal of Comparative Economics, 2019, 47(4), 792-805. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jce.2019.08.006.
----NBER Working Paper W26215: https://www.nber.org/papers/w26215
7. Agricultural Land and Rural-Urban Migration in China: A New Pattern (with Guochang Zhao), Land Use Policy, VOL. 74, 2018, pages 142-150.
8. Land Development, Search Frictions, and City Structure (with Yasuhiro Sato), Regional Science and Urban Economics, VOL. 50, 2015, pages 64–76.
9. Search Frictions, Unemployment, and Housing in Cities: Theory and Policies, Journal of Regional Science, VOL. 54, NO. 3, 2014, pages 422–449.
1. City Shape and Economic Performance: Evidence from Chinese Cities (with Chunzhi Li), 2021.
2. Urban Bias in Capital Allocation: Evidence from China (with Piyusha Mutreja and Abudulaziz B. Shifa), 2021, submitted.
3. Search for Jobs or Crimes? (with Keisuke Kawata, Yasuhiro Sato), 2016.
1. 欧美日城市经济学与城市发展紧密相关，中国社会科学报, 2015-11-4.
2. 国家自然科学基金青年项目(National Natural Science Foundation of China), 2017.01-2019.12.
3. 中央高校基本科研业务经费专项资金项目(Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities), 多次.
Other Academic Activities
Referee for Regional Science and Urban Economics, Journal of Regional Science, Journal of Economic Geography, Land Use Policy, Labour Economics, China Economic Review, and others.
International reviewer of European Research Council.